Tailor Made Myanmar Photo Tours
- Choose Your Own Photographer & Tour Dates
- Choose Your Own Travel Style, Budget to Luxury
- Work w/ Us to Tailor Make Your Perfect Itinerary
Private, Affordable Myanmar Photo Workshops: While Luminous Journeys small group, all inclusive photo tours invariably run smoothly and participants get along swimmingly, sometimes your dates won’t match with ours, or you just want to spend more one-on-one time with one of our pros. That’s where the multi-day, private photo tour option comes in. LJ is now very pleased to offer private photo tours not only in our home base of Myanmar, but in India, Indonesia, and Vietnam as well. (For one day private tours, go here.)
The procedure is a bit different for private photo adventures, and it’s laid out for you at the bottom of the page. Initially all you need to do is contact us with what you have in mind in terms of the overall photography and locations, and likely dates. If you have a budget you want to stay under, please mention that as well. The more detailed you are, the better we will be able to serve you. A brief introduction followed by numbered bullet points and questions are a GREAT IDEA, as opposed to scattering them throughout a long body of text. This will be very well appreciated. We will do the same with our response.
Please note that all inclusive, multi-day private photography tours are significantly more expensive than our publicly offered, small group trips. Prices can range from about $550 – $850 per day per person depending on your choices of country, style of travel, and professional photographer. Compare this with the cost of many publicly offered group photo tours, and you’ll see that even at $850, the price is quite reasonable.
Young girl w/ Burma’s signature Thanaka paste on her face; Yangon Circle Train
“I’ve been on quite a number of photo tours all over the world, and Luminous Journeys…has been the best, BY FAR.” – Benny Hanigal
Photo Tour Seasons:
End October to Mid December – Lush & green & mild, increasing dryer and cooler approaching mid December. Cool at elevation in December.
January to Mid March – Dry & comfortable temps, increasingly warmer approaching March. January mornings quite cool & misty at elevation.
Monsoon Season – June 15 to October 31 – Quite warm w/ cooling tropical rains, lush & green, great photo skies & ethereal light.
Please note our photographers LOVE MONSOON SEASON PHOTOGRAPHY. Contrary to common misconception, it does NOT rain every day in Burma, & when it does it’s generally in the form of overnight & afternoon squalls. The ‘weather’ is what we’re after, not perfect sunny days. It also varies from place to place, Yangon getting the most rain, Bagan the least.
- Contact us for a complimentary consultation
- Based on our discussion, we will send you an outline of your photo tour with price estimate
- On approval, we will send you a Paypal request for a non-refundable $500 engagement fee on tours 6 days or less, $1,000 on tours longer than 6 days. Fee
will be credited to the cost of your tour
- A detailed itinerary and cost quote will be prepared and sent to you
- If you request changes, up to more 3 drafts are included (certain changes may incur higher costs)
- On your approval, 50% of the tour cost will be due, less the engagement fee
- Final balance will be due 75 days prior to tour start date. If booking is made 75 days or less from tour start date, all monies are due at time of booking.
There are no refunds inside of 75 days. Trip Cancellation insurance is highly recommended!